SWAT Team Leader Course - Attributes and Strategies for Command in the Tactical Environment
This course is designed for SWAT Commanders, Team Leaders, and Cell Leaders. Both veteran SWAT Team Leaders and entry level supervisors will benefit from this course of instruction. The curriculum begins with an examination of common leadership styles and principles with an emphasis placed on the application of these attributes and competencies to tactical team leadership. From this foundation the curriculum moves on to the following topics: command and control, training concepts, ethics, liability, threat assessment, leadership and operator selection, reconnaissance, intelligence collection, tactical decision making, operational briefing and debriefing, and the planning of anticipated and unanticipated tactical operations. Attendees will engage in group exercises, class discussions, debriefs and case study critiques. Practical exercises will consist of site reconnaissance, collection of intelligence, operational planning and operational briefing.
MANDATORY EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
Class Host will provide:
- Classroom with projector or large screen TV for PowerPoint presentations for 5 Days.
- Five - Post-it Super Sticky Tabletop Easel Pad, 20 x 23 Inches (or similar) and Markers
- Internet access for students.
- Addresses of 5 to 7 (one for every 2 to 3 students) residential or small business structures (vacant), ideally within 15-minute drive of classroom.
- Locations are "paper" targets for practical exercise, no physical contact with location will take place, they will be subject of reconnaissance and gathering of open source data.
Equipment requirements for each student include:
- A Laptop with PowerPoint software.
- A USB flash drive.
- Ability to take photographs and transfer onto computer
- e.g. cell phone photo emailed or transferred through a charging cord.
- Each agency represented must bring a copy of agency's core values (mission statement or applicable document).
Contact GTI, by calling 803-259-1935 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can provide written proposal to attend training. An option to assist with funding to attend this course is the Asset Trading Program (ATP). Click the link in the menu above to find out more about this program.