The Asset Trading Program (ATP) was created to benefit underfunded law enforcement agencies by utilizing their forfeited-seized assets, and surplus law enforcement equipment in trade to provide funds for new equipment or training. Use your agencies surplus vehicles, ammo, weapons, confiscated items, and forfeited-seized assets to fund your critical mission. The ATP is designed to assist first responders in having a positive impact on their communities without using money from strained budgets.
Benefits to the agency include:
- The agency gets the benefit of the asset sale. No funds from asset trade end up in the jurisdiction "general" fund unless desired.
- Trading assets into the Asset Trade Program have no impact on agency budget.
- Helps accomplish agency goals without procurement hassles.
- Removes the liability of ownership for some assets such as theft, personal injury or property damage.
- Frees up budget funds for other projects.
- Cleans up storage areas and parking lots of underused or unused items.
How it works:
- Identify your items that are available for trade.
- Contact GTI via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact ATP directly via email at info@TheATP.us and a representative will work with you to get the details about your existing assets, and in turn ATP will provide a no obligation trade value for your items.
- If you agree with and accept the trade offer then the ATP will arrange to have your assets transferred and provide a credit voucher, which can be redeemed immediately or saved like a bank account for a future transactions.
- When you are ready to redeem your credit for new equipment or training simply identify your agency's needs and either obtain a quote directly from the supplier and forward to ATP or contact ATP to discuss your needs and ATP will contact the supplier(s) and get the quote(s) and if appropriate place an order. The new equipment will be delivered directly to your agency, or if your need is training then it will be scheduled.
One of the best benefits of the program is that the ATP partners with vendors to gain additional buying power so your money potentially goes even further. Government Training Institute (GTI) is a key partner and if you use your credit to purchase training through us or to rent their Joint Operations Center, your value is increased by 50%. Your $1000 of credit will get you $1500 worth of training.
If the Asset Trading Program is a funding option of interest and you would like more information, please contact us using the contact form in the menu above or email us at email@example.com or contact ATP directly at info@TheATP.us to discuss further. Or you can visit their website TheATP.us for more details. There is no cost associated with registration in the program and there is no obligation to use the program or accept any trade offers.