Fast Rope and Rappel Course (3 Days)
The Government Training Institute is offering a three day Fast Rope and Rappel course designed to enhance and develop the capabilities of the student. The student will learn proper gear selection and inspection along with procedures, tactics and techniques on both fast rope and rappelling. The student will be tested during every phase with an emphasis on safety. At the conclusion of this course the student will leave with a greater sense of confidence as well as an understanding of the inner workings on both fast rope and rappelling.
- Static tower training
- Individual fast rope techniques
- Individual and equipment safety checks
- Rappel from heights ranging from 20' up to 90'
- Fast rope from heights ranging from 20' up to 50'
- Mechanical descenders
- Self-belay techniques
- Utilizing figure 8
- Properly tie all primary knots
- Rigging both the fast rope and rappel tower for operations
- Learn about and use the latest gear being utilized in global operations
- Learn how to effectively and safely run a point on the rappel tower as well as the fast rope
Required Individual Equipment:
- Individual body armor
- Rappelling gloves
- Safety glasses
- Long sleeve shirts
- Simunitions FX Sidearm (if available)
- AR-15 Platform Rifle (if available)
Contact GTI, by calling 803-259-1935 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can provide written proposal to attend training. An option to assist with funding to attend this course is GTI's Asset Trading Program (ATP). Click the link in the menu above to find out more about this program.