Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (ATFP) Course
The Government Training Institute's Anti-Terrorism / Force Protection (ATFP) Course is an intensive five day course. Instructors for the ATFP course are retired soldiers with real world operational experience in conducting Force Protection, Counter Terrorism and Anti-Terrorism Operations. The entire ATFP course incorporates the latest AARs and lessons learned from OIF and OEF, giving soldiers the most recent, intensive, and realistic training experience possible. Soldiers will work both individually and with their peers, to conduct numerous table top and practical exercises throughout the week.
ATFP Course Outline:
- Training Block 1: Terrorism 101. At the end of this block of training, the student will understand the fundamentals of terrorism.
- Training Block 2: Force Protection. At the end of this block of instruction, the student will have an understanding of the basics of force protection.
- Training Block 3: Individual Protective Measures (IPM). At the end of this block of instruction, the student will have an understanding of basic individual protective measures and how to best implement them.
- Training Block 4: Vulnerability Assessments. At the end of this block of instruction, the student will have an expanded and detailed understanding of vulnerability assessments.
- Training Block 5: Planning considerations for mounted movements. At the end of this block of instruction, the student will be able to plan a mounted movement with mission accomplishment and maximized security as primary considerations.
- Training Block 6: Selection of Rally Points and Evacuation Routes. At the end of this block of instruction, the student will be able to select rally points and evacuation routes, prepare a set of maps reflecting those items, and secure the maps and put points and routes into effect when necessary.
- Training Block 7: Convoy Operations. At the end of this block of instruction, the student will be able to act as a member of a convoy with an understanding of the commander's intent and actions.
- Training Block 8: Urban Movement. At the end of this block of instruction, the student will have the necessary knowledge of tactics and techniques to successfully conduct operations in a non-permissive environment.
ATFP Required Gear List:
- Primary weapon system
- Secondary weapon system
- BDU's (5 days)
- Body Armor
- Duty Boots
- Safety Glasses
- Water Bottle or Hydration System
- 2 Sets of Civilian Role Player Clothing
- Notebook and Writing Utensil
GTI will provide all weapon conversion systems, man marking training munitions and other training equipment.
Contact GTI, by calling 803-259-1935 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can provide written proposal to attend training. An option to assist with funding to attend this course is GTI's Asset Trading Program (ATP). Click the link in the menu above to find out more about this program.