In August, officers from the Fayette County Sheriff's Office, Fayette County District Attorney's Office, Deptford Township PD, Uniontown City PD, Masontown PD, Pennsylvania State Police, Redstone Township PD, Brownsville Borough PD, Connellsville PD and Perryopolis PD attended GTI's Immediate Actions Team (Active Shooter) course in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The IAT course gave students instruction and practical application in the following tactical training:
- Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) awareness.
- Mechanical and ballistic tactical breaching.
- Proven tactical shooting skills during range sessions and force on force scenarios.
- Proper techniques and skills needed to respond to an active shooter and terrorist situation.
- Instruction covering the current practices and theories with respect to the Priority of Life and to develop an understanding of the difference between the traditional response and the acceptable response to an active shooter situation along with initial response to terrorist situations.
- Instruction covering Terrorism, The Siege of Beslan, the Columbine High School Shootings as well as other active shooter incidences.
To attend or bring a GTI DHS-IAT or any of GTI's courses to your agency or area, please feel free to contact me for a free quote.
Scott Sailor - Training Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office 803-259-1935