On 26 April 2012, GTI president, Chadd Harbaugh presented two speeches to an international audience of intelligence agencies, law enforcement, military, academic, and policy personnel at the International Counter Terror Expo in London, United Kingdom.
The Counter Terror Expo is established as the largest premier global event for those who are tasked with the demanding and complex role of delivering a robust defense against the threat posed from international terrorism.
This year's event brought in over 10,000 attendees representing more than 80 different countries; over 400 exhibiting companies and 150 internationally recognized experts in the field of counter terrorism to debate the issues faced, define operational strategies, and to help shape future policy.
Other distinguished speakers at this year's conference included:
- Lieutenant General Ronald Burgess - Director, U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency
- Dr. Jamie Shea - Deputy ASG of NATO
- Mr. Dvir Rubenshtein - Aviation Security Operation Center Manager, State of Israel
- Mr. Chris Phillips - Former Head of the National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NACTSO)
- Ms. Sue Hemming - Head of the Special Crime and Counter Terrorism Division, Crown Prosecution Services
- Dr. Michael Rubin - Senior Lecturer at the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School
- Dr. Julia Pearce - Department of War Studies, Kings College London
Mr. Harbaugh presented speeches under two critically important programs within the conference: Protecting Crowded Places and Global Counter Terrorism.
The Global Counter Terrorism conference, chaired by Dr. Dave Sloggett covered:
- The Evolving Terror Landscape
- The Fight Against Terror Financing
- Defeating Radicalization, Violent Extremism and Homegrown Terror
- Understanding Emerging Threats
- Tactical Counter Terrorism
Mr. Harbaugh's topic was "Tactical Operations for Terrorism Response."
Professor Chris Kemp, Executive Dean of the International Center for Crowd Management and Security Studies, chaired the Protecting Crowded Places conference in which Mr. Harbaugh spoke about "Tactical Responses to Crowded Places." With the Olympics being hosted in London this year, the Protecting Crowded Places conference block was the largest of the year's Counter Terror Expo.
Following the speech, Chadd sat in on a discussion panel with other distinguished speakers BG Loannis Galatas, MD - former Head of the Department of Asymmetric Threats, Mr. Chris Case - Vice President of the Institute of Explosive Engineers, and Professor John Tyrer - Professor of Optical Instrumentation, Loughborough University.