Tactical Response to Domestic Violence (2 Days)
There is no arguing that domestic violence, in its different forms, takes a tremendous toll on its victims and society. As a responding officer who has to handle the call, you must take into consideration the protection of the victim, the arrest of the offender, and the methodology to break the cycle of violence while maximizing your safety.
The Government Training Institute's new Tactical Response to Domestic Violence class, is a two day curriculum, which will give the officer proven tactics, techniques, and procedures to deal with DV calls for service. The class consists of four hours of lecture time and a day and a half of practical exercises involving Simunition training.
At the end of the lecture section, the officer will be able to:
- Define domestic violence
- Identify the role of law enforcement in domestic violence prevention and eradication
- Identify the power and control model and tactics
- Identify the various excuses batterers use and their counter arguments
- Identify the various ways the batter tries to shift the blame for his actions
- Identify the psychological and physical indicators of a domestic violence survivor (adult and child)
- Identify effects domestic violence has on the victim and the community
- Identify the barriers physical and emotional a domestic violence victim has to leaving the situation and their reasons for not reporting the abuse
- Identify the particular problems to investigating case of domestic violence
- Identify the particular problems in conducting a domestic violence interview
- Identify the particular problems and cautions in responding to a domestic violence call
- Explain the concept of a lethality assessment
- Define predominate aggressor
- Understand the importance of conducting a thorough follow up investigation
- Explain concept of a safety plan
Practical Scenarios will cover dynamic tactics and tactical decisions based on priorities of life. For additional fees, GTI can include an optional tactical breaching and/or live fire range segments.
This course is open to Law Enforcement And Military Personnel Only. Each student will show or verify employment prior to course.
Required Individual Equipment:
- Patrol Issued Duty Weapon
- Duty Gear (Pistol Belt and Holster)
- Duty Uniform (2 Days of Training)
- Ballistic Vest
Contact GTI, by calling 803-259-1935 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can provide written proposal to attend training. An option to assist with funding to attend this course is GTI's Asset Trading Program (ATP). Click the link in the menu above to find out more about this program.